Saturday, September 30, 2006

Sky Captain & the World of Tomorrow - Movie Review

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow revolves around the mysterious disappearance of some of the world's most revered scientists. When an investigation is launched, Polly Perkins, reporter for the prestigious Chronicle, and Sky Captain, resident flying ace, are at the forefront of the case. Though the mission's perks include traveling around the world, the stout-hearted duo are nonetheless risking their lives with each passing moment, as the culprit is none other than the nefarious Dr. Totenkopf, and his goal, from what they can gather, is to destroying the earth in its entirety. Luckily, Sky Captain and Polly are not alone - Franky Cook, the commander of an all-female amphibious squadron, and Dex, an unparalleled technical genius, have joined them in hopes of saving the planet before it's too late.

This competes for the worst film I have ever seen. I can't believe 3 "major" Hollywood starts signed up to make this piece of junk. I have never turned off a film without watching it all the way through, but I was very close with this one. Everything that took place in this film was cheezy (the action, the dialog, the special effects). There were several scenes that seemed to be stolen directly from other movies - Jurassic Park, War of the Worlds, Star Wars. So, not only was it unoriginal, but it was painful to watch and I wouldn't recommend it unless you are heavily sedated.

Rating: 1 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Jude Law, Gwyneth Paltrow, Angelina Jolie

I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Completely agree with Dave.

This is definitely one of the dumbest films ever created. I will never watch this film again, and, in fact, sold it to Rasputin within moments of finishing it.

Rating: 0.5 of 5