Friday, February 02, 2007

X2: X-Men United - ACE Train Movie Review

When a failed assassination attempt occurs on the President's life by the teleporting mutant Nightcrawler, Professor Xavier and his School for Gifted Youngsters who are targeted for the crime. While Jean Grey and Storm try and locate the assassin, Cyclops and Xavier seek answers from their old foe Magneto in his glass cell. Little do they know they're walking into a trap set by the villainous William Stryker, a mysterious governmental figure that figures into Wolverine's secretive past, along with information about the X-Men's operation, supplied by Magneto through a mind-controlling agent. Meanwhile Wolverine, just home from a failed mission to regain his memory, is in charge of the students when a crack-commando team led by Stryker infiltrates the school by order of the President. With a mansion full of young, powerful mutants and the ferocious Wolverine in babysitter mode, can he defend the school against the one man who can answer his questions?

This is a good sequel to X-Men. It has a lot more action than the first movie since they didn't have to spend time introducing the characters and explaining the back story. The film just starts right into the action and keeps going up to the final scene setting up the third and final installment which I'm looking forward to watching next week. The special effects were cool and the conflict between the mutants and humans provides the platform for an apocalyptic struggle that's fascinating to watch. If I had to pick a side, I'm not sure who I'd vote for. I suppose it's similar to a political debate on a grander scale (even though I know it's just a movie :-), but it's sure fun to watch.

Rating: 3.5 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Ian McKellen, Rebecca Romijn



I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: