Sunday, October 09, 2005

Big Purchase

After years of wanting one, I finally made my wish of a big screen TV come true. I've been talking about it long enough, so I decided this was the weekend. I did some research on the internet and went to a couple of stores in town to compare prices and features. I narrowed it down to the 50" Sony WEGA and the 50" Samsung.

Why not bigger? I had to make sure it fit in the spot I have to put it in, so 50" was as big as I could go. After learning the the Sony didn't have a picture-in-picture option, I opted for the Samsung. I bought it at Best Buy because they had some sales going on and I had gift cards to spend (thanks to all who gave me gift cards for my birthday; I know they were supposed to go toward an iPod, but since I have the iPod Shuffle, a big screen was higher on my list =)

So, here I am in my family room watching the 49ers lose on my big screen. Not exactly what I would like to see, but if you're going to lose, might as well lose big. Anyway, I can't wait to watch hockey. Go Sharks! Digital cable should be hooked up shortly. Up next...high definition? We'll see, but so far, so good.


SWEET...

No comments: