Monday, February 27, 2006

Bon Jovi in Concert - Feb. 27, 2006

On Monday, Feb. 27th, Shawnna and I went to the Bon Jovi concert with Dan and Kelley at the HP Pavilion in San Jose. We met for dinner at the Spaghetti Factory prior to the show and the headed to the arena for some 80s rock.

Shawnna and I sat in section 201, row 9 and Dan & Kelley sat on the floor seats, 4 rows from the stage. The stage setup was typical for the HP Pavilion - on one end of the arena with all of the fans in front of the stage and black drapes down the back. The unique part was the giant screen behind the stage that moved around (tilted forward, backward and moved up and down) throughout the set.


The performance itself was pretty good, but not great. Of course, the fact that it was a Monday night and I was sitting in the second deck probably had an effect on my opinion. The crowd was fairly into it and seemed to know the lyrics to most of the popular songs. I wasn't impressed with the acoustic songs they sang as they were too sappy and were obviously geared toward the female persuasion. I also didn't know some of the songs they played from their new album. However, they played most of their greatest hits which were high energy and kept my attention. I must say that Bon Jovi can still rock - for a bunch of 40 year olds ;-)


SET LIST
LAST MAN STANDING
YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME
COMPLICATED
BORN TO BE MY BABY
STORY OF MY LIFE
I'LL SLEEP WHEN I'M DEAD JUST OLDER
IN THESE ARMS
I WON'T BACK DOWN (as intro to...)
HAVE A NICE DAY
WHO SAYS YOU CAN'T GO HOME
IT'S MY LIFE
I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU (acoustic)
BLAZE OF GLORY (acoustic)
BED OF ROSES (acoustic)
BAD MEDICINE
RAISE YOUR HANDS
LIVIN' ON A PRAYER

encores:
WELCOME TO WHEREVER YOU ARE
EVERYDAY
BLOOD ON BLOOD
WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE

No comments: