Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Breaking Dawn - Movie Review

Don Wake is a troubled soul whose secrets run deep. As the medical student assigned to the case pushes Don to reveal the true events that lead to his mother's murder, the mention of a menacing figure named Malachi leads her to believe that Don's paranoia has reached new heights. As a strange figure begins to stalk the suspicious student's every move, she is forced to question whether Don is telling the truth about the mysterious Malachi, or her overactive imagination is suddenly getting the best of her.

I watched this film on a whim and had no expectations, but I was very impressed. It's a low budget film and I'm not sure if it was even released in the theater or just straight to DVD. The acting, however, is top notch and stars Angelina Jolie's brother along with Kelly Overton who hasn't done any movies of note which makes it even more of a find. If you like psychological thrillers, this one's for you. It will confuse you in the beginning, become even more confusing in the middle and make perfect sense in the end. I doubt you'll be able to guess the ending before you get there which is a big plus in my book and it never gets too frustrating that you want to give up on it before the payoff. Bonus: If you're a Comcast digital cable customer, you can see it for free On-Demand which is how I came to watch it. So, you have nothing to lose - except your sanity...

Rating: 3.5 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Kelly Overton, James Haven, Sarah-Jane Potts



I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: