Sunday, June 19, 2005

Father's Day - June 19, 2005

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Today, we all met at Leanna & Jeff's house to have breakfast and then the guys (me, Rusty, Mike, Uncle Dan, Marcus, Jeff and Art - Jeff's Dad) went to the Delta for some male bonding while the women (Shawnna, Leanna, Madonna, Aunt Gayle, Heidi and Vicki - Jeff's sister) stayed home to do what they do best, cook and clean (oh, I could get my A$$ kicked for that comment :-).

Wakeboarding at the Delta was a ton of fun - for the most part. I got on the board and felt very comfortable.

Dave Wakeboarding


After several runs, I jumped off the wake and when I landed, I didn't keep the front of the board up high enough and it clipped the water and dug in. The result was a faceplant that made my entire face go numb instantly. After feeling my face to make sure my nose was still intact, I got back in the boat to a sympathetic hero's welcome.

Dave's Face


Mike had a big milestone. After trying and failing to stand up today and over the last few years

Mike Falling


He finally stood up and was able to ride the wake for a little bit. Good job Mike!

Mike Wakeboarding


While it was Jeff's turn, he became parched and didn't want to come back to the boat, so he decided to partake in a refreshing libation on his board.

Jeff drinking beer


Next was the backflip contest off the boat between Jeff and Marcus.

Marc Flip Jeff Flip

While Marcus looked like he had done this before, Jeff did a semi-backflip with a twist which didn't look pretty. After viewing the peaks one last time Twin Peaks we headed back to the house.

We ate dinner - tri-tip, chicken, twice baked potatoes, potato salad, spice cake, ice cream... and opened presents.

All in all, it was a great day that left quite an impression on me. So, when do we do it again?

Dave's Eye

No comments: