Saturday, June 18, 2005

My Birthday - June 18, 2005

Today was my birthday and I decided I wanted to go to the Oakland A's game vs. the Philadelphia Phillies. The people that went were me, Shawnna, Leanna, Jeff, Mike, Uncle Dan, Aunt Gayle and Marcus. We got there fairly early so we could tailgate in the parking lot prior to the game. We BBQ'd hamburgers and corn on the cob and also ate potato salad, chips, birthday cake, etc and just hung out until game time (12:15pm).




Hanging out prior to the game


The game didn't start the way the A's would have liked. The first pitch to Jimmy Rollins (below - the ball is circled in yellow) was smacked over the right field wall for a home run.


First Pitch
Click for larger size


That ended up as the only run that the Phillies scored as the A's went on to win 2-1 with RBIs from Scott Hatteberg and Dan Johnson. It ended up being a great day for a game and was nice to hang out.

Shawnna and I went to Chevy's for dinner and while I was washing my hands, she told the waiter it was my birthday, so of course I got the song and sombrero. It was the perfect end to a fun day.



Dave's Sombrero

No comments: