Sunday, September 23, 2007

Perfect Stranger - Movie Review

Rowena is a prominent New York journalist who writes using a pseudonym to entrap some of the tri-state area's most corrupt individuals, using a network of informants, acquaintances, and digital gadgets. When her latest expose is buried at the behest of her paper's corporate backers, she walks off the job and into a personal quagmire. Her childhood friend Grace is murdered when she threatens to reveal she's been sleeping with married advertising mogul Harrison Hill. With the help of her loyal techie friend Miles, she goes undercover - and online - to find the smoking gun that will indict Hill. But Rowena soon finds herself caught in a web of manipulation, deceit, and false truths.

With Bruce Willis and Halle Berry starring in this film, I would have thought it would get more buzz, but I had never heard of it when I saw it on the video store shelf. It was a pretty good suspenseful thriller that keeps you guessing until the very end when all the secrets are revealed. It was one of those films where things happen early on that don't seem to make sense at the time, but make perfect sense once you're given a little more information. There were certain times when I was sure I knew who the killer was, but I was taken by surprise which I was happy about - it wasn't obvious. The actors did a great job providing drama, suspense and intrigue, while not showing their hands too early. Overall, it wasn't great, but it was good enough to see once.

Rating: 3.5 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Halle Berry, Bruce Willis, Giovanni Ribisi


The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: