Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Madagascar - ACE Train Movie Review

A zebra from the Central Park Zoo in New York dreams about being free and going into the wild. When he finally decides to make a break for it, his friends (a lion, hippo and giraffe) go after him to bring him back to the zoo before he gets into trouble - too late. The four of them are caught in Grand Central station and sent to Madagascar after zoologists determine the animals are restless and need to be returned to the wild. Once there, they soon determine that they are not quite equipped to live in the wild.

This is a cute and funny movie. It kept my interest and I enjoyed it from beginning to end. I think kids would love it and it also has some humor that only the adults would understand. The voices were perfectly cast for the characters which definitely added to the enjoyment of the film. While the four main characters (lion, zebra, hippo, giraffe) provided most of the humor, the peripheral characters (penguins and lemurs) might have stolen the show - especially the lemurs singing "I Like to Move it, Move it" - very catchy. Overall, great animation, creative writing, perfect casting, enjoyable film.

Rating: 3.5 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Voices of Ben Stiller, Chris Rock, David Schwimmer, Jada Pinkett Smith, Cedric the Entertainer, Andy Richter

I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: