Friday, July 21, 2006

Bewitched - ACE Train Movie Review

Jack Wyatt is a movie star whose career has been going into a slow and steady decline. Desperate for a project that will give his reputation a jump start, Jack agrees to star in a film version of the once-popular television series Bewitched as hapless hubby Darrin Stephens, under the condition that an unknown actress be cast as the female lead so he won't be upstaged. After auditioning dozens of women who fail to make the grade, Jack meets lovely and charming Isabel Bigelow, and is immediately certain she's the perfect choice to play witch-turned-housewife Samantha. However, there's one thing neither Jack nor the producers of the film know - Isabel really is a witch, and while she's been trying to get along without her powers to better fit in among mortals, she will use her special talents when need be.

Cheesy... I never watched the original TV show and maybe I would have been more impressed if I was able to catch some of the subtleties I'm sure I missed. From what I saw, Will Ferrell had a few funny parts and Nicole Kidman was ditzy throughout, but that was about it. No real substance and not a great comedy. Unless you're a huge Bewitched fan, I'd skip it.

Rating: 1.5 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Nicole Kidman, Will Ferrell, Shirley MacLaine, Michael Caine

I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: