Thursday, December 28, 2006

Curious George - Movie Review

Ted is an explorer with a large yellow hat who is good friends with Bloomsberry, who runs a natural history museum. Bloomsberry's greedy son, Bloomsberry Junior, wants to tear down his dad's museum and put a parking garage in its place, but the elder Bloomsberry is convinced that a spectacular new exhibit could save the museum from the wrecking ball. Ted heads to Africa on an expedition to find some special artifacts that will keep his friend in business, but while he's there he befriends a playful monkey he calls George. While George is friendly, he has a taste for mischief and seems to always get Ted in hot water; Ted thinks he's seen the last of his simian friend when his ship heads back to America, until he discovers that George managed to hide aboard the boat before it set sail. Ted's search for a eye-catching exhibit proved to be a failure, and Ted and his good friend Maggie, a schoolteacher who's sweet on him, struggle to find of a way to save Bloomsberry's museum. But time becomes precious for Ted when George has an entire new city to explore.

This is a kids movie through and through. I was pretty much bored most of the time watching this film, but I'm sure younger kids would love the bright colors, easy to follow plot and cute monkey. Me, on the other hand, couldn't wait until it was over since it didn't have much entertainment value for people over 12 years old. Unless you're a kid, have kids or watch it with a kid, I'd skip it. I think it would be more fun to watch the kids reaction, not the movie itsef, although the music is pretty good - original songs by Jack Johnson. I rated the movie based on my perspective, but the younger you are, the higher your rating would probably be.

Rating: 2 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Voices of Will Ferrell, Drew Barrymore, Dick Van Dyke, David Cross

I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: