Friday, December 01, 2006

John Tucker Must Die - Movie Review

John Tucker is the big man on campus at his high school - he's the captain and star player of the basketball team, he's got money, he's good-looking and charming, and he can have any girl he wants. However, the latter attribute is about to get him in serious trouble when three different girls at his school - Heather, Beth and Carrie - discover they've all been dating John at the same time. Determined to bring down the campus ladykiller, the girls devise a plan - they pick a cute but socially clumsy girl who is new at school, Kate, and give her a crash course in stealing John's heart. Once Kate has John wrapped around her little finger, she's supposed to drop him like a bad habit and give him a taste of what heartbreak is really like. However, it seems that the early stages of the plan work a little too well, and John and Kate end up falling for each other for real.

I'm sure high school girls love this film. It features a lot of the petty drama that teenagers live with at school. For me, the movie was a bit too estrogen filled for my taste. It was basically a bunch of girls ganging up to teach a lesson to the school playboy by embarrassing him - not exactly an enthralling plot. Of course, I knew what I was getting into when I watched it, so I shouldn't be surprised. Overall, it's a good film for girls under 17, but a waste for anyone who has graduated high school.

Rating: 2 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Jesse Metcalfe, Brittany Snow, Ashanti, Jenny McCarthy

I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

1 comment:

Dan said...

This movie was a poor-man's rip off of Mean Girls from a few years ago. It was still fun and silly (sometimes), but I really felt no creativity here at all.

A 2 of 5 at best on this one. Mean Girls is much better.