Sunday, January 08, 2006

11:14 - Movie Review

11:14 intertwines five different storylines that all lead up to a series of events that happen one evening at 11:14. The audience is made privy to connections between the characters that they themselves are unaware of. The audience will see how various lies and deceptions lead to murder.

This is the first (and so far only) "major" movie for writer and director, Greg Marcks. What a debut! This is my kind of movie. It starts out with an event that is so surprising, shocking and intriguing that you are instantly interested in trying to figure out the details around what just happened. The rest of the movie provides little bread crumbs along the way until the end which wraps everything together and helps it all make sense. I don't want to give anything away, so go see for yourself.

Rating: 4 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: Yes
Starring: Hilary Swank, Patrick Swayze, Rachael Leigh Cook, Barbara Hershey

I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

1 comment:

Dan said...

This is definitely one of those movies you'll want (or need) to watch again. There really is no good way to explain this one.

I was glued to it the whole time as the events and characters unfolded. Each person's story added to the information needed to explain the other characters situation.

Rating 4 of 5. I wish more movies like this one would be made. It was clear that this film was well thought out and well written. Right on !!!!