Saturday, January 14, 2006

Wedding Crashers - Movie Review

A pair of longtime friends who work for a law firm have a weekend hobby of crashing wedding receptions, where they load up on free food and booze and try their luck at seducing the bridesmaids. When the nation's Secretary of the Treasury announces his daughter is to wed, the nuptials are billed as the social event of the year, and the friends decide they must attend the reception. However, they make the mistake of getting involved with the sisters of the bride, and soon their romantic transgressions get them in very hot water.

I had high hopes for this movie because the previews looked hilarious. I will say that much of the film lived up to my expectations. Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn had great chemistry and their antics were very funny - I laughed a lot! The "crazy girl" and Christopher Walken's character added a lot to the film. However, there were a couple of storylines that seemed out of place and were left up in the air at the end - the horny mom and gay son. Those could have been left out and shortened the 2 hour movie by 20 minutes. The ending was too predictable and seemed very rushed. All in all, it's worth watching once, but it's not a modern comedy classic like "There's Something About Mary" and "American Pie."

Rating: 3 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn, Christopher Walken, Jane Seymour

I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: