Monday, January 23, 2006

The Cave - ACE Train Movie Review

While on a dig in a Romanian forest, a group of scientists made a startling find - a huge church, dating back to the 13th Century, which was built over the entrance to a massive network of subterranean caves. Eager to learn what lurks within the caves, the scientists discover to their peril that a large part of the cave system is under water. Undeterred, the remaining scientists hire a team of American spelunkers who are trained in exploring underwater caves. Armed with new high-tech SCUBA gear that allows them to stay under water for a full 24 hours, the crew dives in to investigate the caves, but a mishap traps them in a cavern beneath the surface, and they soon discover they are not alone as strange and bloodthirsty creatures makes their presence known.

Bad acting + terrible writing + lame plot + chintzy special effects = skip this movie. I rolled my eyes and said, "Oh jeez..." more times than I can count. This is easily one of the worst movies I have seen in a long time.

Rating: 1 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Cole Hauser, Morris Chestnut, Eddie Cibrian

I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was probably not going to watch this movie after reading Dave's review, but it happened to be on HBO the other day. I made sure it was on DVR, in case fast forwarding would be necessary.

Fortunately, it was not needed. I watched the movie all the way through. However, Dave was not too far off the mark. The caves were cool, but the special effects and "cave monsters" were just stupid and were a cheap copycat of the creatures from Vin Diesel's "Pitch Black," which was so much better.

Anyway, having also watched "The Hills have Eyes" and "Bats" (with Lou Diamond Phillips) the same week, I'll be generous and give this one a 2 of 5. I've seen worse.