Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Just Like Heaven - ACE Train Movie Review

When David rents his new apartment, the last thing he wants is company. Then Elizabeth shows up, insisting the apartment is hers. He's convinced she's a ghost, she's convinced she's still alive. As they search for the truth of Elizabeth's past, their relationship changes from resentment to romance.

This is a great movie for a 13 year old girl. It's a super sweet love story that is completely predictable from beginning to end. Reese Witherspoon is as wholesome as ever and Mark Ruffalo does a good job playing a guy who is in love with a ghost (and not seeming too crazy). The relationship and chemistry between the two create some very funny scenes, but it gets a little old and I just wished they would get to the ending I could see coming from a mile away. Unless you're a prepubescent girl, don't waste your time - although Shawnna liked it and thought it was cute, hence my average rating.

Rating: 3 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Reese Witherspoon, Mark Ruffalo

I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was a Kelley movie. For this reason we will probably own it soon enough.

I had the whole thing figured out as soon as Witherspoon was hit by a truck. It was still an all-right movie (I've seen better and, of course, way worse). Again, Ruffalo plays a good character, but it was very similar to his role in "13 Going On 30." He should break the shell a little, but like I said . . . Kelley liked it.

Rating: 3 of 5.