Friday, August 18, 2006

Around the Bend - ACE Train Movie Review

Henry is an elderly man in failing health living in a small town in the Southwest, where he's cared for by his live-in nurse. As Henry's condition grows worse, he's joined by his son Turner, his grandson Jason, and his great-grandson Zach. As the four men deal with Henry's illness, they also try to come to terms with a lifetime's worth of differences between them.

KFC must have paid a pretty penny for product placement in this film. It was really a big commercial for them as a lot of the film took place in various KFC restaurants throughout the country (hard to explain without seeing it). Beyond that, it was a good film with a good message, but a bit strange as well. That was part of its appeal as it was original and goofy. It's only 1 hour, 20 minutes long, so I would suggest watching it and if you don't like it, you won't feel like you wasted a lot of time. However, I doubt you would feel this way if you go in with an open mind and expect an odd, yet deep film about life, death, bitterness and forgiveness.

Rating: 3 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Michael Caine, Christopher Walken, Josh Lucas

I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: