Friday, August 18, 2006

RV - ACE Train Movie Review

A white-collar workaholic deceptively persuades his family to forgo their much-anticipated Hawaiian vacation for a cross-country road trip in a fully loaded RV, during which they discover the true meaning of family bonding. Bob Munro is overworked and overstressed, and though his proposal to hit the road with his wife and two children at first sounds like a heartfelt bid to get better acquainted with his increasingly dysfunctional family, it soon becomes obvious that he had more career-oriented goals in mind when planning the trip. The Munros have always managed to get by in the past, though, and as they slowly become immersed in RV culture with a little help from a full-time troupe of Winnebago warriors, they might just make it to the Rocky Mountains without driving each other totally insane.

This was one of the films I had very low expectations for and only watched it because it was new and I'm running out of movies on my list. However, I'm very glad I decided to watch it as I was laughing during much of the film and really enjoyed it. So much for my anticipation of a completely corny and unfunny film. I will admit that there are some corny parts, but overall, it was really entertaining and genuinely funny. It's not going to go down as a Robin Williams classic, but it's worth spending 90 minutes to watch it once.

Rating: 3.5 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Robin Williams, Jeff Daniels, Cheryl Hines

I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: