Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Milwaulkee, Minnesota - ACE Train Movie Review

Albert is the best ice-fisherman in Wisconsin. He is not the sharpest tack in the box, making him susceptible to the less than ethical advances of nefarious Jerry, Stan, and Tuey, who all want in on his tournament winnings. Albert's life becomes even more difficult after his loving mother dies in an unexpected traffic incident.

Independent films are usually hit or miss with me and this one was definitely a miss. The plot sounded mildly interesting, but the execution was anything but. The acting was bad and was awkward to watch (especially in the beginning, but maybe I just got used to it after a while). It was listed under the Comedy Drama category, but I don't remember laughing even once during the entire film. As a matter of fact, the only emotions I felt were embarrassment for the actors at the beginning and lethargy during the rest.

Rating: 2 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Troy Garity, Alison Folland, Randy Quaid, Bruce Dern

I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: