Monday, October 10, 2005

Bridget Jones Diary - ACE Train Movie Review

A mid-thirty, single, British woman who drinks and smokes visits her parents house for a Christmas party and finds that they have invited the son of one of their neighbors to try to set her up with. When he snubs her, she decides to go after her boss with whom she has a crush and they begin to date although she keeps bumping into the neighbors son. The boss is a handsome playboy who has a hard time being faithful and this relationship is no exception. The woman also discovers that her boss and the neighbors son know each other due to a previous rivalry and are now both competing for her attention.

Before watching this movie, I had a preconceived notion that this was going to be a boring chick flick. I'm also not a fan of Renee Zellweger, so that was another strike. However, having watched it, I was pleasantly surprised that I liked it and Renee Zellweger didn't annoy me as much as she usually does. I thought the cast did a great job (they were funny and believable) and the story was entertaining and well told. It wasn't a classic, but I was impressed and interested enough to be excited to watch the sequel which is the next movie in queue. Hopefully, it will be a continuation of a good thing and not a rehashed dud. Stay tuned...

Rating: 3.5 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Renee Zellweger, Colin Firth, Hugh Grant

I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: