Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason - Movie Review

This film starts 1 month after the first film ends. Bridget Jones is happy and in love with Mark Darcy (the neighbors son from the first film). This is short lived however, as she becomes threatened by his new intern; a skinny, pretty woman. She flips out and finds herself in the company of her ex-boyfriend, Daniel Cleaver (her boss from the first film). Embarrassing circumstances ensue...

This was a typical sequel which isn't as good as the original. Don't get me wrong; it still had some very funny parts, but the originality wasn't there and some of the hijinks were overplayed. Rene Zellweger was a little more annoying this time around and I thought Colin Firth's character was a little too hard to read, but Hugh Grant was as brash as ever. If you liked the first film, this one is worth a look, but it doesn't stand on its own.

Rating: 2.5 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Renee Zellweger, Colin Firth, Hugh Grant

I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: