Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Sarah Silverman: Jesus is Magic - ACE Train Movie Review

Combining stand-up material with comedy sketches and musical numbers, Sarah Silverman: Jesus is Magic is dominated by Silverman's typically edgy monologues, including bits on racism, September 11th, family dysfunction, drug abuse, rape, the Holocaust and plenty of other unlikely sources of comedy guaranteed to make viewers squirm while they laugh.

I'm all for acting goofy and using shock value to get a laugh, but the material in Sarah's act wasn't very cleverly written and didn't flow as well as it could have. It seemed as though she was just trying to pack in as many offensive references as possible, but didn't take the time to polish the jokes that would make it funny instead of just shocking. The musical numbers weren't very funny either - check out Stephen Lynch if you want to hear some hilarious, politically incorrect songs.

Rating: 2 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Sarah Silverman

I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: