Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Unknown - ACE Train Movie Review

A group of men are kidnapped and locked in a warehouse where a chemical accident causes them to lose their memories. Piecing together information around them, they realize that some were kidnapped and some were the kidnappers. They decide they must work together to figure out how to get away before the gang that captured them returns.

This film is a poor man's Saw except that Saw is much more intense, well thought out and has layers of drama that are uncovered as the movie progresses. There are some twists in this movie that are surprising, but it mostly consists of a group of guys trapped in a warehouse, trying to figure out how they got there, who they are and how they can escape. They each start to remember some things as the film goes along which begins to create some action, but the premise of a gas temporarily erasing their memory is pretty lame. I might have been a little harsh with the rating, but I would suggest skipping this one and watching Saw which is a wickedly awesome movie.

Rating: 2 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: James Caviezel, Greg Kinnear, Joe Pantoliano



I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: