Friday, February 09, 2007

X-Men 3: The Last Stand - ACE Train Movie Review

A "cure" for mutancy threatens to alter the course of history. For the first time, mutants have a choice: retain their uniqueness, though it isolates and alienates them, or give up their powers and become human. The opposing viewpoints of mutant leaders Charles Xavier, who preaches tolerance, and Magneto, who believes in the survival of the fittest, are put to the ultimate test - triggering the war to end all wars.

Picking up the action where X-Men 2 film left off, this third and final film in the trilogy didn't disappoint. I still think X-Men 2 was a little better, but X-Men 3 was right up there. There was lots of action and plenty of cool special effects (moving the Golden Gate Bridge to connect with Alcatraz was a trip). The ending was satisfying, although they left it open enough to do a spin-off if they wanted. One thing I really didn't get was the point of Kelsey Grammer's character - he was a big, blue beast. I kept waiting for his to do something to necessitate him being in the movie (especially since he wasn't in the first two), but nothing ever really materialized. Other than that, I enjoyed watching the trilogy and rank it as one of the better comic book inspired films.

Rating: 3 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, Kelsey Grammer, Rebecca Romijn



I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: