Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Fever Pitch - ACE Train Movie Review

A high-school teacher and a successful businesswoman meet on a field trip and don't seem to have much in common, but they hit it off and are soon involved in a serious romance. He is a huge Boston Red Sox fan and she becomes aware of that fact when spring rolls around and he shifts his focus from her to baseball. Soon, he is forced to choose between the obsession from his youth or the responsibilities and a relationship of an adult.

This was the typical love story - boy meets girl, boy and girl like each other, boy messes up and girl leaves, boy does something to make things right, girl comes back and they live happily ever after. From start to finish, this film was a cliche. The only original element was that it revolved around the Boston Red Sox World Series winning season, which wasn't enough to make it a good film. I didn't think Drew Barrymore and Jimmy Fallon had good chemistry and while I think Fallon is funny, his humor didn't seem to fit in this film.

Rating: 2 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Drew Barrymore, Jimmy Fallon

I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fallon is an idiot in this movie. I couldn't get past it.

Rating: 1 of 5.