Monday, September 19, 2005

Taking Lives - ACE Train Movie Review

A special agent with the FBI who has a reputation for quirky methods of criminal profiling is called on to assist Canadian police detectives who are on the trail of a serial killer who has been terrorizing Montreal for 20 years. The killer has a history of imitating the mannerisms of the victims he kills, but his latest murder had a witness. An art gallery owner saw the killer during an assault and agrees to become a decoy for the FBI. During this assignment, the FBI agent and the art gallery owner become attracted to one another, which might jeopardize the investigation.

The movie started off a little strange and I wasn't sure if I was going to like it. As time went on and the plot thickened, I started to enjoy it more. There were a couple of startling moments where Shawnna literally jumped out of her seat which always makes for a good movie =). The acting wasn't the greatest, but the plot twists and the ending more than made up for it. I was sure I had figured it out a couple different times, but the ending threw me off and proved I wouldn't make a good criminal profiler.

Rating: 3.5 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: Yes
Starring: Angelina Jolie, Ethan Hawke, Kiefer Sutherland

I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: