Monday, September 12, 2005

The Passion of the Christ - ACE Train Movie Review

This film chronicles the last 12 hours in the life of Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus is betrayed by Judas and is condemned to death for blasphemy and sentenced to be crucified in front of a cheering Roman crowd. He is severely beaten and made to carry his cross up a hill outside Jerusalem where he is nailed to it.

This is a very intense movie that has a lot of religious history behind it. Being that I'm not religious and haven't been to church since I was a kid, it would have been nice to have a little more of the background information on the DVD; even if it was just a special feature. If you know the story and all the characters in it, you will probably get more out of it. For me, it was just a really long and bloody film about Jesus getting beat over and over and over (you get the idea) until he is finally crucified. If it was meant to be shocking, it was successful, but I think touching more on the reasons why things were happening instead of just showing a bloodbath would have been time well spent.

Rating: 2.5 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: James Caviezel, Monica Bellucci


I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: