Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Ring Two - ACE Train Movie Review

A single mother and her son move to a small town in Oregon after enduring some terrifying experiences in Seattle. The woman, who is a journalist for the local paper, learns of an unexplained murder which occurred after a teenager watched a strange videotape. This hits a little too close to home and she believes her past may be haunting her. When her son becomes gravely ill, she must find a way to save him from the otherworldly girl who has been terrorizing her before it's too late.

Sequels never seem to be as good as the original movies and this is no different. The original was scary, imaginative, dark, complex and engrossing. The sequel was all of those things as well, but to a lesser extent since it had been done before and the element of surprise and adventure were diminished. Like the original, I would watch this movie again since it is so visually intense, I'm sure I missed some things. The extra features help to explain some of the visual elements and bridge the gap between the two films. Overall, I enjoyed the movie, but I'm not ready for The Ring Three even though the Japanese version (Ringu) came out with a third.

Rating: 3 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: Yes
Starring: Naomi Watts, David Dorfman


I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: