Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Sahara - ACE Train Movie Review

An explorer thinks he has found a fortune and the answer to a long-standing mystery when he discovers a rare coin in a river in West Africa. During the Civil War, a battleship with valuable cargo went missing and the explorer theorizes the gold coin places the ship somewhere in the Sahara Desert. Along with his sidekick, the explorers set out to find it, but they meet a scientist and physician who are trying to determine the source of a deadly disease sweeping the nation. The group teams up to try to determine if the mysteries are somehow related.

I couldn't figure out if this was supposed to be an action/adventure movie or a comedy. One thing I know is that it didn't work as both. I think Steve Zahn is a funny guy, but all of his jokes during some of the most intense action took away from the movie. I also got tired of all of the bullets that were flying, but never hitting any of the lead actors. They went the entire movie unscathed; what's an action movie with no blood on the hero. Anyway, I was just disappointed with the predictability and relative ease at which everything seemed to fall into place.

Rating: 2 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Matthew McConaughey, Steve Zahn, Penélope Cruz, William H. Macy


I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: