Monday, November 14, 2005

Final Destination - ACE Train Movie Review

On the way to Paris with his high school class, a guy has a premonition of the plane crashing and demands to be let off the flight. In the ensuing chaos, he and 5 classmates leave the plane only to watch as the premonition comes true and the plane explodes during takeoff. While the FBI investigates possible foul play, the 6 classmates who cheated death find that death isn't so quick to let go as they start to die one by one.

I thought the plot was very original and imaginative. The various ways that death comes back to reclaim the survivors are pretty creative and gruesome, but a little over the top; some of the sequences relied on too many coincidences. There was plenty of action which made the film go by very quickly and the ending left it open for a sequel, which I'll be watching shortly. Who's next?

Rating: 3 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Devon Sawa, Ali Larter, Seann William Scott

I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: