Monday, November 07, 2005

Without a Paddle - ACE Train Movie Review

Three friends from Philadelphia decide to take a trip they had been planning since they were kids after the death of the fourth member of their childhood group. The trip is a canoeing adventure down the rivers in Oregon in search of $200,000 never recovered when airliner highjacker D.B. Cooper parachuted, possibly to his death, in 1971. Since none of them have any canoeing experience, things quickly go very wrong and they find themselves trying to survive in the wilderness.

I hesitated to put this film on my list because I thought it looked dumb, but I was pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed it. The three main characters had good chemistry and the situations they got into were hilarious; the maternal bear, the pot growing rednecks, the tree hugging hotties, the crazy old mountain man - Ha! The action was non-stop and they packed quite a bit into 90 minutes. This isn't a classic or anything, but it's worth watching once and the overall message of the film was a really good one - basically to live life to the fullest.

Rating: 3 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Seth Green, Matthew Lillard, Dax Shepard, Burt Reynolds

I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: