Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Mr. & Mrs. Smith - ACE Train Movie Review

Mr. & Mrs. Smith are a suburban couple who's marriage starts to head South after several years of marriage. While their married life is stale and boring, they are both living double lives and are finding excitement elsewhere. Both are world-class assassins who risk their lives for tons of money, but neither is aware of the other's secret life until they are both assigned to take out the same target. After they meet on the battlefield, their marriage and lives will never be the same.

The action in this film is way over the top and not based in any way on reality, but if you know that up front, it is quite entertaining and enjoyable. Specifically, the fight scenes involve an exuberant amount of bullets flying, but they never seem to mortally wound the "good guys" who actually seem to be enjoying themselves and are sometimes distracted by relatively trivial issues during the melees. Beyond that, it is quite humorous to watch the competitive, love/hate relationship between Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. I must admit I was watching the chemistry between the two to see if I could find signs to signal their budding off-screen romance and they did seem to get along very well. Overall, it was a good film and I liked it better than I thought I would (I'm not a fan of Angelina Jolie ever since her love affair with Billy Bob Thornton and her brother :-)

Rating: 3 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Vince Vaughn

I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: