Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Shall We Dance? - ACE Train Movie Review

A Chicago lawyer who is married with kids feels that something in his life is missing despite having a loving family. On his commute home one night, he decides to stop off at a dance studio with the hope of meeting the woman he often sees in the window. While the woman quickly lays to rest any romantic notions, he finds that he actually enjoys dancing and begins to train for an upcoming dance competition. He doesn't tell his wife about his new passion and she becomes suspicious enough to hire a private investigator to see if he's cheating. His new and old lives crash together and some tough choices have to been made.

Warning: This is a chick flick. I thought the whole premise was a bit cheezy. A serious lawyer decides that his real passion in life is ballroom dancing and his sports reporter friend is already living a secret life as a ballroom dancer. In the real world, those two would have become gay lovers and danced off into the sunset. However, in the movie, ballroom dancing makes them chick magnets and the lawyer must decide whether he wants to Rumba with his wife or the dance instructor. I will admit, Richard Gere and Jennifer Lopez are very good dancers, but I need to watch an action movie next.

Rating: 2.5 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Richard Gere, Jennifer Lopez, Susan Sarandon

I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: