Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Weather Man - ACE Train Movie Review

Dave Spritz is a television weatherman on a high-profile Chicago news program. Professionally, Dave is doing just fine - he makes great money for a job that demands little effort, and he has a shot at an assignment with a network morning news and chat show. But Dave's personal life leaves a lot to be desired - his father, respected author Robert Spritz, is in failing health, he's divorced from his wife, Noreen, and his relationship with his children is tenuous at best, especially his overweight daughter, Shelly. If Dave is to land his new job, he'll have to move to New York City, and with his time in Chicago running short, he dedicates himself to trying to salvage his ties with his family before it's too late, though he discovers this is even harder than he imagines.

The forecast is booooring... If you like dull, boring and depressing movies, this one's for you. I kept waiting for something funny, stimulating or interesting to happen, but it never came. This is definitely one of Nicolas Cage's worst movies. From beginning to end, nothing really happened - at least nothing that kept my interest. The mood was dreary and colorless the entire time. I actually felt tired after watching it. Save your time with this one.

Rating: 1.5 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Nicolas Cage, Michael Caine

I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: