Monday, August 29, 2005

Assault on Precinct 13 - ACE Train Movie Review

A Detroit precinct on its last day of operation has some unexpected guests when a blizzard forces a bus carrying prisoners, including a cop-killing mobster, to stop until the storm lets up. The police captain is less than thrilled and finds himself in the line of fire when a group of rogue cops siege the precinct to take down the mobster before he testifies against them in court. The officers and inmates must team up in order to survive the night.

I enjoyed this film and found it to be well thought out and not very predictable. The actors were good and I especially liked the performance from Laurence Fishburne; he's a real bad ass. There was a ton of action, suspense, guns, blood and explosions which made for an exciting movie that had very little down time. The very end might have been a little expected, but the journey to get there was a thrilling one.

Rating: 3.5 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Ethan Hawke, Laurence Fishburne, Drea de Matteo, Brian Dennehy, John Leguizamo, Ja Rule


I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: