Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Master of Disguise - ACE Train Movie Review

Pistachio Disguisey is an ordinary waiter with a hidden, mostly untapped talent for transforming himself into any persona he wishes. When his kindly parents, Mama and Frabbrizio, are kidnapped by the evil thief Devlin, the usually meek Pistachio is forced to rescue them. Enlisting the help of his grandfather, Pistachio learns that he is one of a long line of family members to have the power of "Energico," a mystical means of changing one's identity to suit any given situation, and Pistachio learns to use these powers to their fullest to defeat Devlin and win back his folks.

I loved Dana Carvey during his SNL days and Wayne's World was a classic film. However, this movie is a big pile of garbage and a waste of time to watch. It's more silly than funny and had a ridiculous plot that wasn't interesting. I wasn't expecting this to be a great film, but it was worse than I had imagined. I was very close to just turning it off a couple of times, but I knew it was only about 1 hour 15 minutes, so the end was near. I would image that kids might like it because it was really silly, but it's not for adults. Bottom line - don't waste your time unless your 7.

Rating: 1.5 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Dana Carvey, James Brolin, Jennifer Esposito, Harold Gould

I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: