Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Mini's First Time - ACE Train Movie Review

Mini is a manipulative, highly sexualized teenager with parents who fail to offer much structure or guidance and she's on a mission to stir up as much trouble as she can before her high school graduation. Her stepfather is rich and dim, and her mother leads a hard-partying lifestyle. As the relationship between Mini and her stepfather grows more twisted, a series of disturbing events at their posh modern house finally prompts the arrival of John as a nosey detective on the case.

This movie is really just about a manipulative slut who uses her body to get what she wants. However, in the end, I still can't figure out what she really wants besides drama and chaos. The plot wasn't deep, very suspenseful or complete as the movie ended with several loose ends. The acting was marginal at best and some of the scenes in this movie were disturbing on several levels. I'm very surprised at the "names" they got to do this film, but I guess everyone has some stinkers in their portfolio. Overall, this is one to skip unless you really want to see Alec Baldwin getting overly friendly with a high school girl.

Rating: 2 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Nikki Reed, Alec Baldwin, Luke Wilson, Jeff Goldblum

I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: