Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Slither - ACE Train Movie Review

Booted out of bed by his young, trophy-wife Starla, and in desperate need of some female companionship, wealthy Grant Grant picks up bar local floozy Brenda and heads into the woods for a hedonistic night of extramarital excitement. When a flaming meteor lights up the sky before crashing to the ground nearby, Grant's curiosity gets the best of him and he sets out to find the space rock. Subsequently infected with a rampaging space virus, which he passes along to Brenda, Grant transforms into a horrific, cow-munching monster and begins terrorizing the town. As thousands of squirmy space slugs burrow into the brains of the unsuspecting Wheelsy denizens creating an ever-amassing horde of mindless space zombies, panic grips the small town and it's up to Starla, Sheriff Bill Pardy, and gung-ho mayor Jack MacReady to put an end to the infection and save the planet.

Bad acting and bad writing resulted in a horribly bad movie. I couldn't tell if this was supposed to be a horror film or a comedy. The zombies that were chasing the good guys were ridiculous - as if the filmmakers rounded up their couch potato buddies and asked them to play zombies in their new film. Heck, maybe the joke is on me and the filmmakers were trying to make a bad horror film on purpose. If that's the case, well done...

Rating: 1.5 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Nathan Fillion, Elizabeth Banks, Gregg Henry

I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Dave wins again. . . This movie was absolutely ridiculous. The "zombie" guys were the poor-man's version that didn't make Shaun of the Dead, which were supposed to be ridiculous.

The whole premise of the film has been done so many times . . . and done much better. These were clearly "b" actors and screen writers too.

There was nothing positive I can think about this movie, other than I'm "positive" I will never watch it again.

Another 1 of 5 from me.