Friday, March 30, 2007

Flushed Away - ACE Train Movie Review

Roddy was living the high life when he first met Sid the sewer rat, but that's all about to change when Sid decides to send the hapless mouse down the pipes and stealthily take his place in the lap of luxury. Though the bustling sewer city of Ratropolis isn't without its fair share of kind citizens, it is certainly no place for a pampered mouse with a taste for life's finer things. Upon making the acquaintance of scavenger rat Rita, Roddy is certain that the pair can navigate their way back to the surface in Rita's trusty boat, the Jammy Dodger, but Rita's help doesn't come cheap, and the nefarious Toad is determined to rid Ratropolis of all things rodent.

This was a very entertaining and funny animated film. There seems to have been a series of disappointing animated features recently, but this bucks the trend. The story was original, the animation was clean and pleasing to the eye, the plot progressed quickly which meant it never got boring and it was actually funny (I loved the little slugs). This is one I enjoyed without kids, but I'm sure kids would love it even more and there's even a nice message of good triumphing over evil to go with the silly antics.

Rating: 4 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Voices of Hugh Jackman, Kate Winslet, Jean Reno


I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: