Friday, March 30, 2007

Idiocracy - ACE Train Movie Review

In 2005, Pvt. Joe Bowers is a soldier chosen to take part in a secret military scientific experiment in which he will be put into induced hibernation for one year, along with a woman named Rita. Bowers is chosen for the assignment because he is statistically the most average man in the Army, while Rita is a hooker ordered to do some community service; however, Bowers and Rita are forgotten when the military base where the experiment took place is closed down, and when they wake up in the year 2505, Bowers finds himself living in a society where intelligence has taken such a landslide he's now the smartest man in the world. Can Bowers save America from its own remarkable stupidity, and he can he get the dunderheads around him to believe what he says?

The title says it all. This is an idiotic and horribly bad film. It's ironic that one of the main themes of this movie is the completely mindless television shows that people watch in the future - this film would fit right in. The first 2 minutes contained the only slightly entertaining part (a description of how people with low IQs reproduce at a much higher rate than people with high IQs). Once they set that scene, it was all down hill. I actually fast-forwarded though a couple of the slow parts (there were many) because I can't bring myself to actually turn off a movie without finishing it, although I was very close with this one. Don't waste your time.

Rating: 1 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Luke Wilson, Maya Rudolph, Dax Shepard


I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: