Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Sublime - ACE Train Movie Review

Family man George Grieves checks into Mt. Abadon Hospital for a routine procedure. When he awakens from his anesthesia, something is terribly wrong, with George, with the hospital and especially with the shuttered East Ward, an eerie lair of secrets, sex and surgical terrors.

This is a pretty gruesome and confusing film. It caught my eye because I used to watch Tom Cavanagh in the television shows "Ed" and "Love Monkey." However, this film is nothing like those shows. It starts off normal enough, but once Tom's character enters the hospital, everything changes and the confusion and torture begins. It's not until the last 15 minutes that you realize what has been going on and it makes more sense. The journey to get to the end is really not worth it and it's a painfully slow moving movie. Definitely not a must see.

Rating: 2 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Tom Cavanagh, Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs, Kathleen York


I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: