Friday, May 27, 2005

The Cat in the Hat - ACE Train Movie Review

A single mother of two gets called into work and has to get a babysitter to watch her kids. She is expected to host the company party at her house that evening, so she leaves only one instruction - "Don't step foot in the living room." Of course, the kids can't resist and a giant, talking cat shows up to share in the mischief.

This movie was lame. I am a big fan of Mike Myers' comedy style and laugh out loud at most of his movies, but he missed big time on this one. The jokes seem forced and repetitive, the story is shallow and uninteresting and the only redeeming factor is the very colorful and ornate set designs - not enough to make the movie enjoyable. Throw in Alec Baldwin and you really have a stinker - good thing it was only 1 hr. 20 min. I doubt that kids would even like this movie, but kids are funny creatures, so you never know...

Rating: 1.5 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again:
    I would not watch this again on the train
    I would not watch this alone in the rain
    This is a movie I think they should ban
    Save your time and money, Dave I am
Starring: Mike Myers, Alec Baldwin, Kelly Preston


I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: