Saturday, May 21, 2005

Wimbledon - Movie Review

An aging tennis star decides to play in one last tennis tournament before he retires - Wimbledon. He finds inspiration to play his best in a female tennis player who is just beginning her career (and has an overbearing father).
There are no surprises in this romantic comedy. It is the typical love story and plays out exactly the way you think it will. While the story is disappointing, I thought the cinematography was outstanding. The different angles and views of the tennis scenes were very creative and unique. I also liked the way that the players' thoughts were "voiced" during tough situations on the court, but this was not enough to make it a must see.

Rating: 2.5 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Kirsten Dunst, Paul Bettany



I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For what it was, I liked this movie. Maybe it helps that I like tennis, and that Wimbledon is my favorite tournament.

Dunst and Bettany have great chemistry in this movie and it really helped the "believableness" of their situation.

I'll give this a 3.5 of 5 and will certainly watch it again sometime. It is cute and is worth the watch.