Friday, May 06, 2005

Seabiscuit - ACE Train Movie Review

A movie about overcoming odds and triumph of the underdog. A horse destined for the glue factory and a jockey that is too big and has a troubled history combine to create a dynamic duo. The story is fairy well known and the ending is no surprise. I found it a little slow to start and the "action" of horse racing is not my forte. However, the fact that it is based on a true story makes it much more interesting and the horse that played Seabiscuit did such an amazing job, the resemblance was uncanny. I would say that my favorite part of the DVD was the 15 minute true history of Seabiscuit (with real video) in the "special features" section.

Rating: 3 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Tobey Maguire, Jeff Bridges



I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: