Friday, May 20, 2005

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events - Movie Review

Three kids of a wealthy family come home to find that their parents died in a fire that destroyed their house. They are sent to live with Count Olaf who is after the family fortune and several other "unfortunate events" ensue.
This dark comedy started off good. It is live action, but has a dark cartoon feel to it like a Tim Burton movie. As the movie went on, it became predictable and repetitive - maybe I was expecting too much from a movie based on children's books. After all of the bad things that happen throughout the movie, they try to teach a moral lesson which doesn't fit with the rest of the story. If the ending were different, I would have really enjoyed it.

Rating: 3 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Jim Carrey, Liam Aiken, Emily Browning



I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: