Monday, May 09, 2005

School of Rock - ACE Train Movie Review

A wannabe rock star, loser poses as a substitute teacher at a prestigious, private elementary school to make money so he can pay rent (after he gets kicked out of his band). He tries to convert the conservative students into rock stars for a battle of the bands competition and amusing hijinks ensues.
This movie went by fairly quickly and was entertaining enough to keep me interested. I enjoyed the music and Jack Black brings a lot of energy to the screen, so if you enjoy his type of comedy (over the top, obnoxious humor), you'll enjoy this movie. However, if you are looking for a smart, deep plot, this isn't for you.

Rating: 3 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Jack Black, Joan Cusack



I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: