Monday, June 13, 2005

Finding Neverland - ACE Train Movie Review

A quirky playwright with a great imagination befriends his neighbors which consist of a widow and her 4 boys. He becomes inspired by the boys' innocence and playfulness and spends his time writing a play based on their make believe adventures at the expense of his already troubled marriage. The play, Peter Pan, becomes a smash hit.

As usual, I liked the fact that this movie was based on true events. The film was light and fluffy with a pinch of resentment and a sprinkle of pixie dust. It was sometimes refreshing and other times creepy. The fact that Michael Jackson was found not guilty of child molestation the day we watched this movie probably tainted my view. I kept picturing MJ playing make believe with the kids instead of Johnny Depp and some of the dialogue regarding the innocence of children and the denial of how strange it is for a grown man to be playing with children could have come straight from MJ's mouth. I might have given it an extra .5 point if I watched it at any other time, but overall, I wasn't impressed.

Rating: 2.5 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Johnny Depp, Kate Winslett, Dustin Hoffman


I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: