Saturday, June 11, 2005

Twisted - Movie Review

A female homicide detective, who works under the jurisdiction of the man who raised her (her father's former partner) after her father died, starts to investigate a series of murders that have one thing in common - she has been intimate with all of the victims. The suspects include an ex-boyfriend, a creepy therapist, an overly friendly new partner and herself...

A "who done it" thriller that wasn't all that thrilling. Each killing happened the same way - the female detective would drink, pass out and when she woke up the next day, somebody had been murdered. Not surprisingly, throughout the film, a shadow of guilt is cast on various characters in an attempt to throw you off the track of the real killer. When the true killer is revealed, it might be a bit of a surprise, but overall this film is not unusual or unique from any other murder mystery. Honestly, if it wasn't for Ashley Judd, I wouldn't have rated it as high as I did ;-)

Rating: 2.5 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Ashley Judd, Samuel L. Jackson, Andy Garcia, Camryn Manheim


I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: