Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Raising Helen - ACE Train Movie Review

A single, New York socialite has to put her life and fashion career on hold when her sister and brother-in-law die in a car crash and leave custody of their three kids to her in their will. She has to learn the ropes about raising kids while the kids have to learn to live without their parents.

This was a chick flick that Shawnna didn't even like. The film was slow to start and slow to end. The kids' emotions were bland and didn't seem real especially considering the circumstances surrounding the death of their parents. The chemistry between Kate Hudson and John Corbett didn't work. I never cared one way or the other if their relationship worked out. I was just happy when it ended. The only redeeming factor was Kate Hudson - I didn't mind watching her for 2 hours.

Rating: 2 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Kate Hudson, John Corbett, Joan Cusack


I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: