Wednesday, June 01, 2005

The Aviator - ACE Train Movie Review

Based on the life of Howard Hughes, this movie starts with Hughes coming to Hollywood after making a fortune in the oil-drilling bit business. He makes movies, dates famous actresses, builds airplanes, breaks air speed records and washes his hands...a lot.

This was a very good movie. I didn't know a whole lot about Howard Hughes before seeing this film, but I definitely want to learn more now. He was very eccentric and driven to succeed. He took a lot of risks (financial and physical) and they mostly paid off. This movie was 2 hrs. 45 min., but it was so interesting and packed with action that I could have kept watching more. I can't wait to watch the bonus disk which has documentaries about Hughes and OCD. Highly recommended.

Rating: 4.5 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: Yes
Starring: Leonardo DiCaprio, Cate Blanchett, Kate Beckinsale, Alec Baldwin, John C. Reilly


I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: